Tensile testing or tension testing is one of the important quality tests for metal product manufacturers that are used to determine whether the material will be strong enough to withstand the tensile forces. This quality test will help the manufacturers to ensure about material’s strength, elasticity, and ductility. Tensile testing is important quality control equipment for metals as it will help the manufacturers to determine the weaknesses in materials that could lead to failure in the final product.
To make it easy for metal manufacturers to conduct tensile strength test on the materials, we at Presto has designed a high-quality lab testing instrument known as a tensile strength tester.
This testing equipment will be based on the constant rate of traverse principle and has been equipped with an upper and lower jaw to firmly place the specimen. Here in this blog, we are going to provide you with information about the tensile strength tester digital model and its use in the automotive industry. But first, let us focus on brief information about tensile strength testers and their importance in the packaging industry.
What is tensile testing and why to perform on metals?
Tensile testing is a mechanical test that measures the strength and ductility of a material. It is performed by mounting a specimen in a tensile testing machine and applying a force to it until it fractures. The results of the test are used to determine the material’s yield strength, ultimate strength, elongation, and reduction in area.
Tensile testing is one of the most important tests performed on metals. It provides critical information about a metal’s ability to withstand loads without breaking. Tensile testing can be used to determine a metal’s strength, ductility, and fracture toughness.
Tensile testing is important because it allows engineers to select materials that are best suited for a particular application. For example, if a component is going to be subject to high loads, a material with high tensile strength would be selected. If ductility is important, then a material with high elongation would be chosen.
Thus, if you are looking for a high-quality tensile strength testing machine that is used to test the tensile properties of materials then you can go with Presto tensile strength tester. The digital model of this quality testing instrument has been embedded with highly advanced load sensors through advanced electronics. Now, let us discuss brief information about Presto tensile strength tester.
All about Presto tensile strength tester digital
Tensile testing can be used to monitor changes in a metal’s properties over time. For instance, if a component is subjected to repeated loading and unloading cycles, the metal may undergo fatigue and become weaker over time. By monitoring the results of regular tensile tests, engineers can detect these changes and take appropriate action.
To make it easy for metal and plastic product manufacturers to determine the tensile properties of the materials, we at Presto have designed a high-quality tensile tester digital model that can be used in testing the tensile strength of materials and ensuring that quality material will be delivered.
This high-quality lab testing instrument consists of advanced load sensor sensing through advanced electronics. Besides this, it has been embedded with safety limit switches for over-travel safety. You can easily perform a tensile test on the materials with the help of this quality lab testing equipment. Now, let us focus on the features and technical specifications of the Presto tensile strength tester.
Features of Presto tensile strength tester digital
Presto being the leading tensile strength tester manufacturer has designed this high-quality testing equipment embedded with high-end features. Below we have listed the features of this quality testing equipment:
- Advanced load sensor sensing through advanced electronics.
- Highly sensitive load sensor with linearity feature and repeatability
- Cross-head travel length: 750mm grip to grip
- Single-column rugged structure
- Safety limit switches for over-travel safety
- Hardened lead screws for frictionless movement
- Load cell calibrated by NPL-approved proving ring/dynamometers
- High accurate micro-controller based system controls
- Peak Hold facility available
- Bright LED display
- Immediate analysis of results after the test with complete accuracy & precision
- Feather touch controls
- Specially designed gripper jaws for holding fragile samples.
- Another capacity available chart as per requirement.
- Wintest one-way communication software.
- Graph of Force vs Elongation
- Easy Data management. Users can create product Identification, Sample ID, Shape of Specimen, Company Name, operator details, etc.
- Auto cut-off facility.
- AC Speed drive as an optional accessory (Variable Test Speed)
Technical Specifications of Presto tensile strength tester
- Motor: ¼ HP Single Phase 220 / 110 V AC Supply
- Speed: 100 mm/min and 200 mm/min (Changeable through Belt & Pulley mechanism)
- Display: Digital (LED)
- Accuracy: ± 2% at Full Load (with master load)
- Grip to Grip separation: Min 25mm and Max. 700mm
With these high-end features and technical specifications, one can easily conduct tensile strength tests on the materials. Now, let us discuss the role of tensile strength tester in the automotive industry.
Role of tensile strength tester in the automotive industry
A tensile tester is a machine used to test the strength and elasticity of materials. The automotive industry uses tensile testers to test the strength of engine parts, transmission parts, and suspension parts. When it comes to the automotive industry, a tensile tester can be used for a variety of applications. Some of the benefits of using a tensile tester in the automotive industry include:
- Quality Control: A tensile tester can be used to test the strength and durability of automotive parts and components. This information can then be used to improve the quality control process and ensure that only quality products are released to the market.
- Ensure the durability of the material: By using a tensile strength tester, one can easily ensure that the products are durable enough to withstand the tensile forces.
- Reduce product rejections: Using a tensile testing machine can help you to reduce product rejections and can help to save money during the manufacturing process. This is because, when the materials will be subjected to tensile stress and can break then manufacturers will be able to make changes in the manufacturing process.
Presto offers the best tensile tester price to the users along with after-sales support. If you want to know more about this testing instrument like the tensile tester working or want to conduct a FREE sample testing session for this testing equipment, then give us a call at +91 9210903903 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your queries.