The tensile properties of a material are all about how it behaves under certain conditions. It is important to test the tensile properties of materials because this helps us to identify and mitigate potential points of failure in construction, engineering, and other applications. Additionally, testing the tensile properties of materials can help ensure that the material is suitable for its intended use. To ensure that quality material will be delivered to the customers, we at Presto have designed a high-quality tensile testing instrument that helps the manufacturers in conducting the tensile test on the materials and get ensured their tensile strength, elongation strength, or yield strength.
This quality lab testing instrument will help the manufacturers in assessing the maximum load a material can withstand without getting broken. Presto is a leading tensile tester manufacturer and offers this quality testing instrument at the best and most affordable prices. In this blog, we will explore why it is important to test the tensile properties of materials and how this can be done. So, let us get started!
Importance of testing tensile properties of the materials
It is important to test the tensile properties of materials because they can provide information about a material’s strength, ductility, and toughness. Tensile testing can also be used to determine a material’s Young’s modulus, which is a measure of stiffness.
This information can be used to select the best material for a particular purpose or to optimize the design of a product or structure. Additionally, tensile testing can be used to monitor the quality of materials during manufacturing and to detect defects that might otherwise go undetected.
The results of the tensile strength tester will help the manufacturers in providing accurate information about the material’s ability to withstand tensile forces. If you are looking for a highly accurate tensile testing instrument to test the tensile properties of the materials, then we at Presto have designed a tensile strength tester digital model that is used to test the behavior of the material under tensile load. This high-quality lab testing instrument will predict the performance of the material for a particular purpose.
Now, let us discuss brief information about Presto tensile strength tester.
All about Presto tensile strength tester
Tensile testing provides valuable information about a material’s behavior under load, which can be used to predict its performance in various applications. This information can be used to select the best material for a particular purpose or to optimize the design of a product or structure. Additionally, tensile testing can be used to monitor the quality of materials during manufacturing and to detect defects that might otherwise go undetected. Presto being the leading lab testing instrument manufacturer in India will provide this high-quality lab testing instrument at the best and most affordable prices.
The digital model of the tensile strength tester comes with a highly advanced load sensor with a linearity feature and repeatability to conduct the tensile strength test on the materials with ease. Besides this, we have designed this tensile tester in such a way that it can easily be transported without getting damaged. The safety limit switches have been embedded in this testing machine for over-travel safety. This quality lab testing instrument can be used in different industries to test the tensile properties of the materials with ease. Now, let us discuss brief information about its features and technical specifications.
Features of Presto tensile strength tester
- Advanced load sensor sensing through advanced electronics.
- Highly sensitive load sensor with linearity feature and repeatability
- Cross-head travel length: 750mm grip to grip
- Single-column rugged structure
- Safety limit switches for over-travel safety
- Hardened lead screws for frictionless movement
- Load cell calibrated by NPL-approved proving ring/dynamometers
- High accurate micro-controller based system controls
- Peak Hold facility available
- Bright LED display
- Immediate analysis of results after the test with complete accuracy & precision
- Feather touch controls
Other optional features are also available with the tensile testing machine that includes:
- Specially designed gripper jaws for holding fragile samples.
- Other capacities available chart as per requirement.
- Wintest one-way communication software.
- Graph of Force vs Elongation
- Easy Data management. Users can create product Identification, Sample ID, Shape of Specimen, Company Name, operator details, etc.
- Auto cut-off facility.
- AC Speed drive as an optional accessory (Variable Test Speed)
Technical specifications of Presto tensile strength tester
- Motor: ¼ HP Single Phase 220 / 110 V AC Supply
- Speed: 100 mm/min and 200 mm/min (Changeable through Belt & Pulley mechanism)
- Display: Digital (LED)
- Accuracy: ± 2% at Full Load (with master load)
- Grip to Grip separation: Min 25mm and Max. 700mm
With these high-quality features and technical specifications, one can easily test the tensile properties of the materials with ease. Now, let us discuss how you can easily perform a tensile strength test on the materials.
How to perform a tensile strength test on the materials?
Tensile testing is a vital measure for materials used in engineering and manufacturing. It is essential to perform these tests to monitor the strength of various materials and ensure that they meet safety standards. The results from tensile testing are also invaluable when it comes to optimizing product design or material selection so that performance can be maximized while cost control objectives are met. Furthermore, understanding the tensile properties of materials helps engineers accurately predict failure points due to stress-related causes which could lead to costly problems if left unchecked.
If you want to perform a tensile tester on the materials then you can easily follow the steps mentioned below.
- Whenever you are going to conduct a tensile strength test on the materials, then you can start the machine by plugging it in a 5 amp switch.
- After starting the switch you need to place the specimen on this testing machine accurately.
- When you turn the rotatory switch in the downward direction then the lower grip will be moved in the lower direction and it will increase the value shown in the load indicator.
- Once the rotatory switch will be turn ON then you can turn it OFF when the specimen will not get ruptured.
- Once you follow the above step, then the machine will stop and the display will be shown as the load and return to zero.
- The elongation display will be frozen and you will get the memory switch on the load indicator to show the peak value.
- You can even assess the peak value of the specimen accurately and get precision in the test results.
In this way, you can easily perform tensile strength tests on the materials. You can read more about what happens when the material will be subjected to a tensile strength test. If you want more information about how you can easily test the tensile properties of the materials easily with the help of this quality testing instrument then you can give us a call at +919210903903 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will instantly provide you with the required information.
Source link – https://www.prestogroup.com/blog/understand-the-tensile-strength-of-your-product-with-a-tensile-strength-tester/