When it comes to shipping products, packaging plays a crucial role in ensuring that your items arrive at their destination safely and securely. Corrugated boxes are a popular choice for packaging due to their durability and ability to withstand various transportation conditions.
However, not all corrugated boxes are created equal! That’s where testing methods come into play – by subjecting these boxes to specific tests, you can ensure that they meet quality standards and protect your products during transit.
Thus, we at Presto being Asia’s No.1 manufacturer of lab testing instruments has designed high-quality corrugated box testing instruments.
Our different range of quality lab testing instruments will help the manufacturers in ensuring that quality products will be delivered to the customers.
With our high-quality lab testing instruments manufacturers can easily improve the quality of boxes and ensure that high-quality products will be delivered to the customers.
In this blog, we will discuss brief information about different quality tests that you should conduct on corrugated boxes to ensure that highly precise products will be delivered to the customers.
Importance of testing the quality of corrugated boxes
Corrugated boxes are widely used for packaging and transporting various goods. The quality of a corrugated box is critical because it can impact the safety of the packaged goods during transport and handling.
Therefore, it is essential to test corrugated boxes against quality to ensure that they meet the necessary standards and are suitable for their intended use.
There are different reasons that indicate you should make test the corrugated boxes before delivering them to the customers. Below we have mentioned them:
- Strength and durability: Corrugated boxes need to be strong and durable enough to withstand the rigors of transportation and handling. Testing for quality can help ensure that the boxes can resist compression, puncture, and other forces that may damage the contents during transit.
- Moisture resistance: Corrugated boxes may be exposed to moisture during transit or storage, which can weaken their strength and integrity. Testing for quality can help ensure that the boxes can withstand moisture and prevent the contents from getting damaged.
- Stacking ability: Corrugated boxes are often stacked on top of each other during transportation or storage. Testing for quality can help ensure that the boxes can withstand the weight of other boxes stacked on top of them without collapsing or deforming.
Besides this, there are several factors that may deteriorate the corrugated box quality. Thus, with the use of our paper & package testing instruments, you can easily improve the quality of boxes and ensure that quality products will be delivered to the customers.
Below we have listed the top 3 corrugated box testing methods for corrugated box testing.
1. Bursting Strength Test: This test measures the ability of a corrugated box to withstand pressure from the inside. The test involves placing the box on a hydraulic press and increasing the pressure until the box bursts. Presto bursting strength tester is the best instrument for this test.
The bursting strength is measured in pounds per square inch (PSI) or kilopascals (kPa), and it indicates the box’s ability to withstand internal pressure.
2. Edge Crush Test: This test measures the ability of a corrugated box to resist crushing on its edges. The test involves placing a small sample of the corrugated material on a edge crush tester and crushing it from the edges.
The amount of force required to crush the sample is measured. The results of the edge crush test can be used to determine the stacking strength of the box.
3. Drop Test: This test measures the ability of a corrugated box to withstand the impact of being dropped from a certain height.
The test involves dropping the box from a specified height onto a hard surface by drop tester and then examining the box for damage.
The height of the drop and the type of surface the box is dropped onto can be varied to simulate different shipping and handling conditions.
Overall, these testing methods help ensure that corrugated boxes are strong and durable enough to protect their contents during transportation and handling.
If you want a sample testing session for FREE using these lab testing instruments, then give us a call at +91 9210903903 or email us at email@example.com. Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your needs and queries.
Content Source Link – Top 3 Corrugated Box Testing Methods To Ensure Packaging Quality