Are you curious about how to determine the strength of your cardboard packaging? Whether you’re shipping products or storing items, knowing the bursting strength of your cardboard can help to avoid costly mistakes and ensures safe handling. Thus, we at Presto have designed a high-quality lab testing instrument known as a bursting strength tester digital that has been designed to calculate the bursting strength of materials and ensures that quality materials will be delivered to the customers. This digital bursting strength tester has been manufactured with highly advanced features that make it easy for manufacturers to conduct bursting strength tests on the materials.
This box-bursting testing equipment is completely microprocessor-based, utilizing an original ‘Intel’ chip to ensure precise and reliable test results. The bursting strength tester features a TARE facility, allowing for easy calibration of the instrument, and a peak hold facility that can store the maximum value in memory for future reference.
In this blog post, we are going to provide you with brief information about the Presto bursting strength tester and how this quality testing equipment works to measure the bursting strength of the materials. So, let us get started!
Why Bursting Strength is an important factor to consider?
Bursting strength is an important quality factor to consider for a wide range of materials, including paper, cardboard, and various other materials. Testing the bursting strength of materials will help you to ensure that quality products will be delivered to the customers as the box will not get burst during shipping or rough handling.
This quality factor is critical in various industries, such as packaging, where materials need to withstand the rigors of transportation and handling without breaking or tearing.
If the cardboard boxes will not properly be tested then it will lead to damage to the materials. It will damage the box easily and this will affect the quality of the box. You can read more on how bursting strength is the strongest quality factor to consider for corrugated boxes.
If the bursting strength of the boxes will not be tested easily then it will lead to poor packaging problems. Even the research shows that 59% of consumers will face product rejections because the materials will not be tested properly.
By measuring the bursting strength of a material, manufacturers and quality control teams can ensure that their products meet the necessary safety and performance standards, ultimately reducing the risk of product failure and improving customer satisfaction.
Now, let us discuss how Presto bursting strength tester digital is useful in testing the bursting strength of cardboard.
All about Presto bursting strength tester
The Presto bursting strength tester digital model is designed to accurately evaluate the bursting strength of cardboard by applying hydraulic pressure on a circular area of the material. This high-quality laboratory testing equipment comes with a strong gripping clamp that holds the material firmly in place during the test. The circular test specimen is then placed on the instrument’s test bed and clamped in position.
This bursting strength tester for cardboards will utilize a hydraulic pressure mechanism to apply pressure uniformly over the test specimen until it bursts. The force required to burst the material is recorded digitally by the instrument, which then provides the results on a bright LED display.
The bursting strength tester is highly accurate in measuring the bursting strength of cardboard as it applies a multidirectional force on the material. This ensures that the results are reliable and consistent, providing manufacturers with essential information on the strength and durability of their products.
Additionally, the equipment comes with a microprocessor-based display that provides accurate test results and a memory that can hold up to nine test readings. With these features, the Presto bursting strength tester digital model is a reliable and efficient tool for evaluating the bursting strength of cardboards, ensuring that they meet the necessary safety and performance standards. Besides cardboard, you can easily evaluate the bursting strength of linerboards, paper boards, and many other related materials.
Now, let us discuss brief information about the working of the Presto bursting strength tester.
Working procedure of bursting strength tester
The Presto bursting strength tester is a precision instrument used to determine the bursting strength of various materials such as paperboards, textiles, fiberboards, cardboard, etc. This testing equipment will provide a hydraulic load under a rubber diaphragm of a specific area of the sample under test. It can be used to accurately determine the bursting strength of paper, corrugated cardboard, carton box, etc. You can easily read about the working principle of the bursting strength tester. Now, let us discuss the procedure to conduct a bursting strength test on the materials.
- Specimen preparation: The first step involves cutting a circular test specimen from the material to be tested. Make sure that there are no folds in the specimen.
- Specimen placement: Once the testing specimen is prepared accurately then you need to place it on the lower clamp of this packaging testing. You can read about the 5 easy steps to place specimens on a digital bursting strength tester.
- Test parameter setup: Once the specimen is mounted, the operator selects the test parameters such as setting the pressure to zero, setting the peak load indicator, and the number of test cycles, depending on the testing standard or the material under test.
- Commencing the test: When the specimen will be placed accurately and parameters will be set up, then users can commence the test by pressing the push button for burst. Make sure that you do not release the button until the sample will burst.
- Recording and display of results: As the test is conducted, the Presto bursting strength of paper records the force applied to the specimen until it bursts. The results are displayed on a bright LED display in real time, showing the maximum pressure that the material can withstand before bursting.
- Test report generation: The equipment also has a memory function that stores up to nine test readings, allowing for easy retrieval of previous test results. The operator can generate a test report with the results obtained, providing essential information on the material’s strength and durability.
In this way, the bursting test of cardboard will be conducted. If you wish to know more about this testing instrument like bursting strength tester price, discounts, or conduct a FREE sample testing session, then give us a call at +91 9210903903 or email us at email@example.com. Our team of technical experts will easily consult you regarding all your queries.
Content source link – What is the process to check the bursting strength of cardboard?