When it comes to packaging products, determining the quality of sealing is one of the important factors to consider that will protect the contents from tampering. From improving product shelf life to protecting the integrity of your product, the seal of flexible packaging films will play an important role in determining the quality of the product. Thus, we at Presto have designed high-quality lab testing instruments known as laboratory heat sealers. This lab testing instrument is used to perform sealing on flexible packaging films and other thermoplastic materials using pressure and heat by maintaining high temperatures.
In this blog, we are going to provide you with information about the Presto heat sealing machine and how this quality testing instrument is useful in measuring the heat seal performance of composite films, plastic films, and many more.
All about Presto laboratory heat sealer
Ensuring proper sealing of packing materials is key to making a product functional and preserving its barrier characteristics. Therefore, if you want to extend the shelf life of your product, make sure it’s securely sealed. Thus, we at Presto have designed a high-quality laboratory testing instrument that is used to perform sealing on flexible packaging of products and other thermoplastic materials using pressure and heat by maintaining high temperatures.
This Heat Sealer is widely used lab testing equipment in the packaging industry and can measure the heat seal performance of composite films, plastic films such as PP, PE, and other packaging films used in the packaging of different food products.
This heat-sealing testing equipment is mainly used in the packaging industries and industrial laboratories to test the heat-sealing ability of the materials. You can ensure perfect packaging with the Presto heat-sealing testing instrument. Now, let us discuss briefly the features of this quality testing equipment.
Features of Presto heat sealer prima (500 mm)
The heat sealer machine is a widely used instrument in the plastic industry for sealing flexible packaging films, as it applies pressure and heat while maintaining a high temperature. It has an upper and lower jaw with separate temperature sensors and controllers.
This high-quality lab testing equipment has been designed with high-end features, which we have mentioned below.
- Seal Pattern: Straight line/Plain/Diamond Knurling
- Microprocessor-based display for accurate test results
- Highly accurate test results under pneumatic pressure control.
- Single Pushbutton operation after setting PID temperature and time
- Strong heating jaws for performing tests
- No slippage in case the specimen is placed uniformly without any loops.
- Bright LED display for temperature and timer
- PID temperature controller for the highest level of control and repeatability
- Digital Preset timer
- EN 31 hard and temper sealing jaw material
- Guide rod mechanism for efficient control of sealing
- Standards: ASTM F 2029
Technical specifications of Presto heat sealer
- Equipment Range: Ambient to 350ºC
- Sealing Temperature Working range: Ambient to 230ºC
- Accuracy: ± 1ºC
- Least Count/Resolution: 0.1ºC
- Power: 220V, Single phase, 50 Hz
- Sealing size:
- 150*15 mm OR
- 300*15 mm
- Temperature Controller: 4-digit PID
- Dwell Heat Seal time: 0.1 – 99.9 sec
- Timer: 4 Digit Digital
- Heat Sensor: Pt-100, Platinum Resistance Temperature Detector (RTD)
- Sealing Pressure: 2 – 6 Bar
- Any 1 of the two size options can be chosen as per the requirement
- Temperature Controller: PID
- Timer: Digital Preset type
With these high-end features, and technical specifications one can easily optimize their flexible film packaging by measuring their heat seal performance. You can read more about the role of heat sealers in acquiring standardized seal strength.
Testing the heat-sealing strength of flexible packaging films is an essential step in ensuring that products are properly and reliably sealed. It ensures that the product will maintain its barrier characteristics and extend its shelf-life, as well as provide an accurate indication of the product’s quality control. The Presto Heat Seal Tester provides an easy and reliable way to complete this testing, as it is designed specifically to meet the needs of the plastic industry. You can easily take a live sample testing session for the use of this quality testing equipment by giving us a call at +91 9210903903 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your needs and queries.
Source Link – https://www.prestogroup.com/articles/optimize-your-flexible-packaging-performance-with-presto-heat-sealer/