Metal sheets are often used in a variety of industries and have a variety of applications, but ensuring their quality can be a challenging task. Testing the cupping strength of these materials is an important aspect of quality control. This will give a perfect idea to metal manufacturers in determining the drawability of the metal sheet components. Thus, we at Presto have designed a high-quality lab testing instrument known as a cupping strength tester. This is one of the high-quality lab testing instruments that has been designed to test the drawability of metal sheets. In this blog, we are going to provide you with information about Presto erichsen cupping test machine and how this quality lab testing equipment is useful in determining their cupping strength. So, let us get started!
Introduction to cupping strength tester
When it comes to the drawability of sheet metal components, a cupping testing machine can be a valuable asset. This is because it will help the manufacturers in ensuring the quality of products delivered to the customers.
The cupping strength is considered to be the material’s ability to deform under stretching forces. This quality lab testing equipment is widely useful in different metal manufacturing, paint, and other related industries. This is one of the amazing lab testing equipment that can be used to test the cupping strength of the materials & determine their drawing ability.
The main purpose of conducting a cupping strength test on the materials is to ensure the drawing ability of metal sheets.
The Presto cupping strength testing instrument has been designed as per quality standards that include IS: 10175 (Part I): 1993, ISO 8490:1986. This quality erichsen testing machine has been designed with a quality rugged structure with corrosion resistant main body to ensure that the test will be conducted accurately.
It can be operated with a fast guiding mechanism with hand operated wheel to ensure the durability of test results. It has brass housing for strong sample clamping and a revolving handle for frictionless movement of the punch. Presto cupping testing instrument is widely used .
Now, let us discuss brief points on the features of the erichsen cupping tester.
Features of Presto cupping strength tester
The cupping strength tester is one of the high-quality lab testing instruments that is used to conduct a deep-drawing test on metal sheets. This quality lab testing equipment will easily test the ductility of metals and ensure that the users will get highly accurate lab testing results.
- High-Quality rugged structure with the corrosion-resistant main body
- Dial gauge to measure the cupping
- Sturdy Construction and resilient
- Revolving Handle for frictionless movement of the punch
- Fast Guiding Mechanism with hand-operated wheel
- Single-handed hassle-free operation with Spherical punch
- Brass Housing for strong sample clamping
- Highly accurate test results
Technical specifications of Presto cupping strength tester
- Range: 0 – 25mm
- Least count/resolution: 0.01mm
- Outside Body: Mild Steel (Duly Powder Coated.)
- Dial Gauge – 1
- Accuracy – ± 2%
- Sample Thickness – Up to 1.8mm
- Diameter of Punch – 20 ± 0.2 mm
With these features and technical specifications, one can easily conduct cupping strength tests on the materials. Now, let us discuss the working of a cupping strength tester.
Working of cupping strength tester
Cupping strength tests can help metal sheet manufacturers ensure that their products meet the required quality standards. The ability of a metal sheet to resist cupping is an important indicator of its long-term durability and performance, and these tests can provide valuable insight into how well a particular product will perform in different applications.
To perform a cupping strength test on the materials, you can easily follow the steps mentioned below:
- Insert the zero plate in the sample holder slot or adjust it with the ball surface.
- Adjust the dial gauge to zero at this position.
- Remove the zero plate and fit the job sample in the slot.
- Tighten the sample through the front wheel handle.
- Now, test the sample through the front wheel.
- View the condition of the sheet sample manually from the front side and tighten the punching ball to the end position.
- Always view the dial gauge to check the correct stiffness of the sheet.
- On the failure of the sample, note the reading on the dial gauge and release the pressure by moving the bigger gear wheel in an anticlockwise direction and then releasing the smaller gear wheel.
- Remove the sample from the sample holder slot and analyze the testing specimen for any kind of cracks.
In this way, you can easily perform a cupping strength test on the materials and ensure that quality products will be delivered to the customers. You can read more on how you can easily perform cupping strength tests on metals with the help of this quality lab testing equipment. If you want a sample testing session for this quality lab testing equipment then give us a call at +91 9210903903 or email us at email@example.com. Our team of technical experts will easily consult with you regarding your requirements.
Source link– https://www.prestogroup.com/articles/how-cupping-testing-machine-can-help-to-ensure-quality-sheet-metal-components/