Cardboards are essential for a variety of packaging and shipping applications. They are lightweight, strong, and cost-effective materials used to protect products during transit. But do you know that the cardboard will get burst easily when force will be applied to it or due to rough handling? To ensure that the packaging materials will withstand the rigors of shipping, it is important for you to test the bursting strength of materials and ensure that quality products will be delivered. Bursting strength testing measures the force required to rupture or burst a material such as cardboard, corrugated board, or paperboard. This test is important because it can help determine if a particular type of packaging material is suitable for its intended use. Presto offers high quality bursting strength tester that is used to test the bursting strength of corrugated boxes and cardboard and ensure that quality products will be delivered to the customers.
Presto digital bursting strength tester easily measures the bursting strength of paper/strong paper-board by submitting to increasing hydraulic pressure. The bursting strength is considered to be one of the strongest quality factors to be considered to test the strength of the boxes. In this, Read on to learn more about why bursting strength testing is so important for paper & packaging manufacturers and the reasons that indicate you need a digital bursting strength tester for your paper and packaging firm.
Why bursting strength is considered to be an important quality factor in the packaging industry?
The bursting strength of cardboard is important to test because it is a measure of the amount of pressure that can be applied to the material before it breaks. This value is important for assessing the durability of cardboard packaging and its ability to withstand shipping and handling.
When paper-related products will be shipped or transported, they will undergo a high level of stress and mishandling. Thus, testing the bursting strength of the material is an important factor to consider that helps the manufacturers in detecting any potential weakness in the cardboard, which will be addressed before the paper-related products will be shipped. Understanding the bursting strength of cardboard can help manufacturers optimize its production. By knowing the minimum acceptable level of strength, manufacturers can more easily produce cardboards that meet the levels to ensure that the cardboards produced are fit for their intended purpose.
Now, let us discuss the top 3 reasons that indicate you should test the bursting strength of corrugated boxes.
- By conducting a bursting test on the materials, one can easily ensure that quality products will be delivered so that the products will easily be assessed for any potential weakness.
- Bursting strength testing can also help to improve the design of cardboard products, making them stronger and more durable.
- Testing the bursting strength of cardboard ensures that it can support the weight and forces applied to them, so that they don’t break apart prematurely during use or while in transit.
You can read more on the use of bursting strength testers in the paper and packaging industry. Now, let us discuss brief information about how the Presto bursting strength tester helped in testing the strength of corrugated boxes.
All about Presto bursting strength tester
Presto has designed high quality bursting strength tester that is used to determine the bursting strength of packaging material and ensure that quality products will be delivered. It has a motor-driven mechanism that increases fluid displacement on the bottom side of the rubber diaphragm at a predetermined pace.
This simply means that the pressure will automatically decrease and the engine will turn off after the test is done. With this trouble-free corrugated box quality assurance test, you’ll be able to determine how long your product will survive once it’s dispatched.
The PRESTO® bursting strength tester is perfect for determining the bursting strength of a different range of materials in order to evaluate the failure caused by a hydrostatic force delivered at a continuously rising rate through a rubber diaphragm. It comes with a rugged structure and single-push operation to make sure that you can easily determine this strength and improve the quality of corrugated boxes with ease.
You can easily test the bursting strength of corrugated boxes, cardboard, and other related materials by using Presto bursting strength tester for corrugated boxes.
Now, let us discuss more the features and technical specifications of this quality lab testing equipment.
- Single push-button operation
- The equipment has a digital readout with the least count of 0.1 kg/cm2
- The instrument is provided with a storage memory with a capacity of storing 9 Peak values
- A circular diaphragm made of gum rubber is provided with the equipment that is fixed between the lower clamping plate and the pressure cylinder
- There is a motor-driven mechanism in the machine that is used to increase fluid displacement on the lower side of the diaphragm at a specific rate
Technical specifications of Presto bursting strength tester
- Equipment Bursting Capacity: 0 – 40 Kg/cm²
- Least Count: 0.1 Kg/cm2Repeatability: ± 1 Kg/cm2 (With master aluminum foil)
- Opening in upper clamp: 31.5 mm diameter
- Opening in lower clamp: 30.5 mm diameter
- Rate of fluid displacement: 95 cc/min. (± 5 cc/min)
- Test fluid: Glycerin about 98% purified (LAB GRADE)
- Glycerin Capacity: 200 ml.
- Density @ 200 C: 1.112 – 1.114 grams/ml
- Geared Motor: 1/4HP, Single Phase, 120 RPM
- Pressure Sensor: Pressure Transducer Sensor (4-20 mA)
- Power Supply: 220 Volt ± 15% AC, 50/60 Hz Single Phase
- Earthing Required: Proper Earthing is required with respect to neutral and earth voltage with a value not more than 0-4 Volts AC.
With these high-end features and technical specifications, one can easily conduct bursting strength tests on the materials with ease. Testing the bursting strength of materials will help the manufacturers to reduce product rejections of the materials. If you want to conduct a free sample testing session for conducting the bursting strength test, then you can give us a call at +91 9210903903 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your needs and queries.
Source link– https://www.prestogroup.com/articles/3-reasons-you-need-a-digital-bursting-strength-tester-for-your-packaging-industry/